Re: filmscanners: Vuescan and Overexposed Negs

On Thu, 02 Aug 2001 21:13:37 -0400  Stephen Jennings
(sgjennin@ix.netcom.com) wrote:

> Sounds good Tony; I hadn't played around with the Color/Contrast control,
> just the White point and Gamma.  I'll give this a try.  BTW, I use
> Vuescan
> with my Sprintscan4000 and always scan at 16 bit.

 Actually, if you are scanning at 16bit and doing your adjustments in PS,
the colour/contrast control is the only Vuescan control you need to touch -
just to make sure you get all that is in the original. With black point 0%
and white point set to 0.01%, I can't recall the last time I needed to
change anything else - oh, except sometimes 'white balance' isn't the
optimum

Regards

Tony Sleep
http://www.halftone.co.uk - Online portfolio & exhibit; + film scanner info