filmscanners: Flimsy Question re: DUST!!!

Hello there.

I'm a greenhorn scanner with a frustrating problem.  I have a umax
powerlook 111 with the tranny adapter.  I've got DUST problems that cause
vertical lines to run all the way through the frame from the top to bottom.
There are several parallel lines like this.
These lines only appear when using the tranny adapter; never when scanning
prints.  It's been said that the CCD area could be region with the dust.
Also the calibration chart.
Does the tranny adapter have a CCD area and calibration chart in addition to
the flatbed region?  If so, how do I find them?  Or should I just ship the
tranny adapter back to umax to have it cleaned?

Thanks in advance!

-david-  (digital tenderfoot)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.