Re: filmscanners: VueScan 7.1.7 Available

I just read the apparent real reason for the pull of the Mac support...

I wrote this message literally just before reading that message.  I
wasn't too far off...

Art

Has anyone been in contact with or received a comment about this from
Ed?  I know he is off list (or was), but this seems a rather drastic
move, considering.

Ed has been getting a lot of flack about his Mac interface, so maybe he
just decided to can it, but that seem a bit unfair to anyone who has
bought it previously.  Then again, maybe the PC version is next in being
removed from upgrades.

Other guesses:

-sold the rights to the Mac version

-violation of something making the pull required on injunction

-OS X proved too difficult to upgrade to

??

Art

David Hoffman wrote:

> At 19:47 -0500 31/7/01, Andrew Robinson wrote:
> >Let me add my voice to the chorus of disappointment.
>
> Yeah, me too. I had expected rather more professional commitment -
> just glad I was only taken for $40.
>
> Seems very sudden - & not just stopping development but removing it
> from the site. Maybe there is something in the tales of Vuescan
> damaging some scanners?
>
> David Hoffman
> --
>    David Hoffman Photo Library
>   <http://www.hoffmanphotos.com>
>
>   phone +44 (0)20 8981 5041 fax  +44 (0)20 8980 2041
>
>   The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets
> the cheese.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.