filmscanners: Mac Not Supported, WAS: VueScan 7.1.7 Available

Geoff, Richard, Dean, Fellow MacVuescanners-

on 8/1/01 2:34 PM PST, Richard wrote:
> Looks like that¹s it for us Mac users.
Based on a quote from Ed Hamrick-
>>> Yes, I'm sick and tired of everything to do with the Mac.  The
>>> people who work there are rude to me, many Mac users
>>> are rude to me, and I'm not putting up with it any more.

To resurrect support for the Mac OS, we Vuescanners need to send Ed lot's of
positive feedback, support, gratitude, and praise for his hard work and
excellent product.  Otherwise, Richard will be right, and what a shame that
would be.

Allow me to paste an article from today's maccentral. And please follow Mr.
Sellers' advice in the last paragraph.

David Corwin

http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/0107/01.vue.shtml

Mac support for Vuescan dropped
by Dennis Sellers, dsellers@maccentral.com
August 1, 2001 1:05 pm ET

Hamrick Software is no longer supporting the Mac operating system for its
Vuescan product. And based on the angry "invectives" he's receiving from Mac
users, Ed Hamrick of Hamrick Software may not be inclined to change his mind
anytime soon.

Vuescan is an application designed to work with most scanners to produce
high-quality scans that have excellent color fidelity. It takes advantage of
the advanced hardware capabilities of most scanners on the market today, and
helps you do batch scanning while at the same time producing color-balanced
and cropped images, according to Hamrick.

According to an online message from Hamrick, he dropped Mac OS support after
receiving an e-mail from a manager in Apple's Developer Relations Group
"giving me a hard time about supposedly violating some sort of
Non-Disclosure Agreement (which was just nonsense)."

"I'm quite busy trying to add support for the Canon FS-4000, and I don't
have time to waste arguing with Apple," he said. "I've dropped Mac OS
support as a result."

He's getting lots of response from Mac users. Unfortunately, he said that
much of it is rude. Let me add an opinion here: if you'd like to see Hamrick
reconsider Mac OS support for Vuescan, drop a friendly note to him. You can
find contact info for support, technical problems and tips at the Hamrick
Software Welcome page. (Thanks to MacCentral reader Bill Norton for the
heads-up on this item.)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.