RE: filmscanners: Scanning and memory limits in Windows

800 CDs.  Man I nearly fainted - need some chocolate, quick...

My music collection is around that size, and it makes me stutter just
thinking about the improbability of enjoying it properly.

I use JPEG quality 10 to "archive" my scans - my 36MB 8-bit, full res scans
drop to a cosy 2 to 5MB - the occasional 6MB file doesn't upset me too much.

I guess I'm just not anal enough.  I hope this doesn't get me barred from
the list...

Jawed

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.