From: owner-filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:owner-filmscanners@halftone.co.uk]On Behalf Of Rob Geraghty
Sent: Saturday, July 28, 2001 1:53 AM
To: filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
Subject: Re: filmscanners: Matrox and Monitor standby

"Colin Maddock" <cmaddock@clear.net.nz> wrote:
> Slightly off topic here, sorry about that. Recently installed a Matrox
G450
> on my W98 (not SE) machine, and now I can't wake the computer/monitor
> up after the monitor only has gone into Standby after x minutes of
idleness.
> It hangs, and has to be re-booted.

I had a similar problem on my computer.  I had to disable the power saving
features.  I think the problem was caused by PNP insisting on putting the
SCSI
card and video card on the same IRQ.  It would caue hangs when power saving
occurred while writing a CDR on the SCSI CDR drive.

Rob

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.