From: Chris Hargens [mailto:ldmr@cruzio.com]
Sent: giovedì 26 luglio 2001 05.12
To: filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
Subject: filmscanners: Polaroid Rebate

I've sold most of my darkroom equipment. I've looked at the reviews of the new Canon FS4000US and compared them to what I've heard about the SprintScan 4000. If I shot a lot of color film/slides, I'd probably go for the Canon -- it's clearly a good deal. However, the bulk of my shooting is in B&W and I don't plan on changing to color in any significant way for some time. For that reason, the SprintScan with its Silverfast software and Vuescan support seem like the right way to go -- decisively so when I consider the $200 that is currently being offered. The only thing that keeps me from committing myself to the purchase is the current financial situation that Polaroid finds itself in. I don't want to send in the rebate and have to pester the company to get the money. I'm also somewhat concerned about the viability of an extended service contract, but that isn't decisive. (BTW, anyone have any experiences to share about Mack service agreements?) Anyway, I'm about to take the plunge, and right now, at the last minute, before I press the "Buy Now" button, I would appreciate any feedback, opinions, or experience the people on this list would be willing to offer.

Chris Hargens

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.