RE: filmscanners: ICE and B&W?

If memory serves me, I think I remember some discussion about digital Ice not working all that well on traditional silver black and white negatives because of the silver which does not allow the infrared to work properly as it would in dye based films.  But I am at the age where I could very well be in the midst of a giant senior moment. :-)
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-filmscanners@halftone.co.uk [mailto:owner-filmscanners@halftone.co.uk]On Behalf Of Steve Woolfenden
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2001 4:25 AM
To: FILMSCANNERS
Subject: filmscanners: ICE and B&W?

I seem to get odd effects when scanning B&W negs using ICE on my Nikon 4000 - like posterization . I vaguely remember someone once telling me this happened - can someone tell me why and if theirs a way around it other than just not using ICE on B&W negs?
Thanks ,
Steve

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.