filmscanners: RE: Vuescan vs. Nikon Scan (in reply to J. Robinson)

"Jawed Ashraf" <Jawed@cupidity.force9.co.uk> wrote:

> What version of Nikon Scan are you using, Ralf ?  Sounds like an old
> version...

Hi, Jawed,

I am happily using NS 2.5.1. I went to the Nikon web page when NS 3 was
announced but I couldn't find any features that I had been missing.
Because NS had had all sorts of problems with its upgrades (not
completely killing the registry entries of older/other versions), my
decision was not to participate in the hunt for the newest version
installed.

Is there anything you think I have been missing by not installing the
3.x? Your question sounds as if some of the issues I mentioned in
connexion with the Vuescan/Nikon Scan comparison had been resolved. If
yes, I would be very interested in what NS 3 can do me better compared
to the 2.5.1 that is actually on my machine.

Best regards -

Ralf

--
My animal photo page on the WWW: http://schmode.net
Find my PGP keys (RSA and DSS/DH) on PGP key servers

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.