RE: filmscanners: Vuescan blue anomaly

I always hit auto-levels as a first stab when I am scanning a new roll of
negatives. This usually gives me a preview of what I can expect and then I
decide if the image is a keeper or not. If not, I save the raw scan and move
on. If it is a keeper, then I take a closer look to see if the autoscan did
any obvious damage, if not (about 75% of the time) then I finish my detail
work on it. If there is obvious damage (blown highlight, clipped shadows,
color casts, etc.) then I undo the auto levels and take a quick shot with
Levels and look over the image and the histogram provided by the levels
tool. If I have a non-linear problem I have to deal with or a complex level
adjust to do I back out of the levels and move on to the tool of last resort
(some would consider it the tool of first resort) and use the Curves.

/fn

---