filmscanners: RE: filmscanners: Vuescan:two small requests

Bob Kehl wrote:
>1.) A "browse for folder" button to locate the folder to save files in.

Agreed, but I've mentioned this before. :)

>    2.)A multi-image preview screen for thumbnails.

I wouldn't use this as I don't generally batch scan and if I did, it would
be set and forget - so multiple thumbnails wouldn't be useful.  This is
very scanner specific and wouldn't work on scanners without a batch scanning
capability or on the nikons with certain film holders eg. the slide holder
or film strip holder with the slide holder.

If it wasn't for the fact that I can't think of a use for it, I'd love to
buy an APS camera just for the convenience of batch scanning an entire roll.
 I've done this with the LS30, APS adapter, Vuescan and someone else's APS
films.  It's wonderful - set up vuescan for the film type, type in "1-25"
or whatever is appropriate for the number of frames on the film, click scan
and walk away.
But I already have an SLR and a 35mm compact camera so what use would an
APS camera be?

Rob

Rob Geraghty harper@wordweb.com
http://wordweb.com