filmscanners: Nikon 8000 banding solution! Not necessarily, but, that's the claim ;-)

On the Contax camera list, Bob Shell has written an evaluation on this
scanner.  Someone on the Contax list brought up the banding issue.  Bob said
the following (and I quote)"

"I have not had any banding at all from the one I have.  Scanner banding,
like digital scanning back banding, is usually caused by electrical
interference.

I have my studio and office wired so that each wall outlet is on a different
circuit so I can isolate scanners and such easily.  I do it as a matter of
course, and as a result rarely have the sort of problems I hear so much
about on the net.

There is probably nothing wrong with your scanner."

Of course, just giving something it's own circuit breaker does not
"electrically isolate" it.

Additionally, he adds in another post:

"My opinion is that this problem will go away for the few who have it if
they electrically isolate their scanner as I have done."

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.