Re: filmscanners: My replacement 8000 is banding like thefirst one :-(

rafeb wrote:

> At 12:52 AM 7/20/01 -0700, Art wrote:
>
> >I don't know how heavy the ED 8000 is, but these days most electronics
> >have minimal heft to them and aren't very solid.
>
> Hi Art.  Your "sources" might have told you that
> it's 19.8 lbs, which information is freely available
> on the internet, at
>
> http://www.nikonusa.com/specs/9246.pdf
>
> You need to hire a better research team.
>
> rafe b.

It isn't something that typically came up in discussion.  I also can't
tell you without "researching" further how much a Minolta Dual scan II
weights (not much), and I have one 2 feet away.  Well, actually, I just
looked it up... 1.5 kg.

So, let's see... your scanner weights 6X more than mine.  Mine costs
about $425 US x6 =  $2550 US... so I guess even by the pound, mine costs
less.  Well, I feel a lot better knowing that. ;-)

Art

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.