RE: filmscanners: My replacement 8000 is banding like the first one :-(

Rafe wrote:

>...our entire job in this listserv sometimes seems to be second-guessing
>the manufacturers and telling them what they did wrong. <g>

Seems to me they give us ample opportunity! ;-)

>My personal guess is that the better
>way is the one that moves the smaller
>mass -- all else being equal.

That's "Engineer Thinking" and also a Law of Physics, which makes perfect
sense. It may or may not hold true in all cases--Physics still holds some
surprises, IMHO. :-)

Best regards--LRA

Original msg > >