Re: filmscanners: Vuescan gripes

In a message dated 7/20/2001 10:23:26 AM EST, audidudi@mindspring.com writes:

> Because I frequently use the 16x multisample option and
>  always scan in 16-bit mode, this means I sometimes spend as much as an hour
>  on each image, which is a major PITA.  Still, the results I get from it,
>  despite the aggro, are far superior to what I get from Minolta's
software...

You should _never_ need to do the 16x scan pass more than
once.  The preview is done in one pass (at low resolution), and
will be used to compute the optimal CCD exposure and cropping.

All other things can be re-done by pressing the "Scan mem."
button, making it unnecessary to _ever_ scan the same piece
of film twice.  If you're a belt-and-suspenders person, make
sure the raw scan file is written to disk as well by using
the "Files|Output raw file" option.

Regards,
Ed Hamrick

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.