Re: filmscanners: Re: Vuescan gripes

on 7/19/01 9:51 PM, Roger Smith at rsmith@unb.ca wrote:

> I'm inclined to agree with Dean - I seem to be able to avoid
> most of VueScan's quirks, and admittedly there are more on the Mac
> than on the PC. Ed has explained any of them that I have asked him
> about, and he continues to improve things.

yeah but you guys miss the point

it's not either/or

it should be both/and

Vuescan has a wonderful engine but a TERRIBLE, AWFUL interface

quite literally the worst of *any* app I have on my HD with the possible
exception of the panotools ptstitcher, but it's close

(and that's about 10G of them)

think how many more Ed would sell if it had a KILLER interface

how much nicer life would be

and how little effort it would take

--
John Brownlow