Re: filmscanners: image samples of digital artifacts

----- Original Message -----
From: rafeb <rafeb@channel1.com>
To: <filmscanners@halftone.co.uk>
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2001 7:00 PM
Subject: RE: filmscanners: image samples of digital artifacts

> Hold everything!  Do you mean, "Prairie, Northern Tibet?"
>
> If you're seeing "topo map" effects in the sky, it's
> almost certainly because you have your video set to
> "256 colors."  There's no way you want to attempt ANY
> image editing or capture with your screen set that way.
>

> The sky in the "Prarie" photo looks smooth as silk
> on my PC, with 24 bit video.  With the screen set
> to "256 colors" I get topo maps in the sky.

Thanks Rafe.  Mine looked smooth as silk too.  I couldn't figure out what I
was suppose to be seeing and wasn't.  Now I get it.

Actually, no-one COULD edit photos at "256 colors" but they might try at 16
bit.  At 16 bit  the "topo map" effect" is clearly visible too.

I think you found the problem.

BK

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.