Re: filmscanners: Nikon Service

On Thu, 19 Jul 2001, Tony Sleep wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Jul 2001 16:26:51 -0400 (EDT)  Raphael Bustin
> (rafeb@channel1.com) wrote:
>
> > Can you honestly say that any one brand is more
> > or less prone to reliability or service headaches
> > than "the others?"
>
> Nope. There's anecdotal reports aplenty, but no way of weighting the
> pissed-off-and-grumbling users of any marque as a percentage of the whole.

Bingo. That was my point.

> There are a lot of complaints about Nikons, but then there are presumably a
> lot of Nikons. What is more interesting is the patterns that form in the
> nature of failures. This strikes me as very useful ammunition for consumers
> confronted by unresponsive service depts.

I don't know if any of these companies
give much of a hoot about their film-scanner
customers.  Cheap flatbeds, FAX machines, and
3-in-1s (printer/scanner/copiers) present a
much larger market, with much less demanding
users.

I'd be curious to know, among veteran film-
scanner users, whether there's any brand
loyalty at all.  Anybody out there buy the
same brand twice?

rafe b.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.