RE: filmscanners: Scratch the Gear Teeth Theory

On Thu, 19 Jul 2001, Lawrence Smith wrote:

> Well, just when you think you've made progress the scanner fools you.  On
> further testing I started getting bands without making any adjustments.
> This is one strange machine.  One thing is consistent however,  the banding
> is much worse at 16x.  at 1x it is essentially invisible.

And in between these two values?

What worries me a bit is that I've had cases where the
banding shows up on the (Epson) print, but is almost invisible
on the screen.  And no, I'm not confusing it with the micro-
banding that the printer itself might produce...

rafe b.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.