filmscanners: On A More Positive Note

I've posted a few small scans from my 8000 ED at:

http://www.channel1.com/users/rafeb/scanner_test4.htm

(Photos of shed, and snow-covered boats.)

These might explain why some of us are pretty
excited about this machine, in spite of all the
negative talk 'round here.

This was a totally uncorrected scan, at 1x scanning,
no ICE, no nothin'.  I let the scanner auto-expose the
negative, and did no further image adjustments in
Photoshop.  As raw a scan as you can get.

There are several other scans (from different
scanners) on this page, so please be patient while
it all loads.

There are links to additional sample scans, from
several other film scanners, at the bottom of the
page.  (Eg. Epson 1640 SU, for those considering
the super-duper CompUSA sale price this week.)

rafe b.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.