RE: filmscanners: Scratch the Gear Teeth Theory

> I've found something out.  Thanks to Howard Slavitt who suggested
> to me that
> the issue might actually be with the profile conversion I tried
> some various
> settings.  Heres what I have discovered.  If I make individual adjustments
> to the RGB channels in Nikonscan the banding appears.  If I make no
> adjustments, no banding.

Now that's interesting.  How can adjusting a scanner profile have anything
to do with banding?  Anyone got an good explanation for that?  If it somehow
changed something "mechanical" I could understand that, but it should only
be tonal curves that change...nothing "mechanical"?

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.