RE: T400CN was filmscanners: Grain, Noise, et al

Lynn,

Actually we probably both had the same problem - if you don't specify with
the lab their machine will automatically print each exposure as close to the
'right' print they can. I've taken to stipulating that they use no
compensation on any prints. When I got my most recent camera (Nikon N80) I
took it out to test drive all the bells and whistles, including exposure and
flash compensation. I hadn't asked them to print all the prints without
compensation and when I got the prints back they all looked the same
exposure-wise. Not much of a test and not very clever on my part.

Norman

--- Begin Message ---
Norman wrote:

>>I played with my exposures to see how the film would react to slight
>under-exposure in an attempt to heighten the contrast a bit but only went
>under by 1/2 stop. The film's latitude must be very wide as I couldn't
>really detect any difference from 'properly' exposed shots.

I once shot a roll 4 full stops underexposed, trying to capture the effects
of a certain safety light we were marketing. The film came back "perfectly
exposed," warts and all, which *wasn't* exactly what I was shooting for. :-)

Best regards--LRA