Re: filmscanners: fogged film

Norman Quinn wrote:
> Using a Nikon 2000 scanner or a HP Photo smart scanner
> and nikon and vuescan software, what would be the best
> place to start to extract the images from the film.

I agree with Tony - scan with the LS2000 to 48bit files and use autolevels
in PS to get close to the most you'll get out of the film.

> The images were shot underwater documenting coral diseases.
> I am not so concerned about quality as the ability to see
> diseased coral. It is just too hard to go reshoot.

Fair enough!  I just took some photos of coral on the Great Barrier Reef
and underwater photography is a whole new challenge.  Some of the
coral near the surface looked slightly bleached to me.

Rob

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.