Re: filmscanners: fogged film

I think that Vuescan will obtain the maximum information available
> from the admittedly foggy and dense film - it's design will do that.
You
> may have to adjust the gamma and brightness settings to do so, or even by
> adjusting the black point setting (after unchecking the "Auto black point"
> box on the Color tab).

It is Kodak Max 800 film - what settings would you suggest for Vuescan?.
While Farmers Reducer may work, I idea of a 3 hr drive to Kingston, Jamaica
to drive around there looking for the chemical seems like the least
preferred option.

Norman Quinn
Discovery Bay Marine Laboratory
PO Box 35