Re: filmscanners: Which Buggy Software?

"Winsor Crosby" <wincros@earthlink.net> wrote:
> additional information. Since Nikon provides two software packages,
> one for the Mac and one for Windows, it might be useful to know the
> operating systems of those people who offer their experiences one way
> of the other.

Nikonscan 3.1 seems to work fine on my system, no crashes.  Having said that
I don't use it because the scans come out posterised in comparison to
Vuescan output because Nikonscan only works with 8 bits of data from the
LS30.  This shouldn't be an issue with newer Nikon scanners.

Win98SE, 290MB RAM, Celeron 533, Gigabyte GA6BXU with onboard Adaptec SCSI.

Rob

PS Using Vuescan prevents my computer from shutting down properly, but it's
a small price to pay.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.