Re: filmscanners: Buying on eBay

Some things I've learned over more than a few years, Peter:

1: Never buy something you *really* need, that you can't also replace on a
moment's notice--because sometimes you'll need to (e.g. your broken
monitor).

2: Don't ship anything that isn't double-packed--i.e. a box in a box, and
plenty of buffering. Always insure (because they'll handle it more
carefully), but don't bet the farm that they won't mess it up.

3: Always buy with a credit card that you use a lot. If the seller doesn't
deliver, deny the payment. Your Card Carrier will look it up and say, "This
person uses our card A LOT; we don't want to lose this business!" They
*know* they won't lose the seller.

4: Keep every scrap of proving paper--including all reciepts and your own
notes--together in a safe place. If you don't, Murphey's Law dictates that
you'll need them desperately. :-)

Best regards--LRA