Re: filmscanners: Wierd Problem with my SS120!

The single best piece of test gear I have discovered for this kind of
intermittent problem is the bump, tap and wiggle.  If it were mine, I'd
wait till the light goes out, then starting from the power  into the UPS
bang every component or wiggle the flexible ones.

Unfortunately your most likely candidate seems to be the scanner itself,
and you might understadable be not so keen on bashing it too hard.

Just the same this is not said in jest - banging is often the fastest way
to find the source of the problem.

A slightly more sophisticated version of this is to spray suspect areas
with freezing spray, but this means you have to be inside the box.

Julian

At 04:05 10/07/01, you wrote:
>Check the house for Gremlins
>
>Maris

Julian Robinson
in usually sunny, smog free Canberra, Australia

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.