Re: filmscanners: SS120 first impressions and a few questions.

Paul, thanks for (yet another) LS-120 review.

A couple of comments if I may.

Your complaint regarding NikonScan 3.1 being "buggy"
is surprising to me.  I had some initial problems
getting NS installed, but it has not been remotely
buggy since then.  The installation issues turned
out to be due to device conflicts.

Which leads me to suspect that a good number of
reported bugs in NS are in fact due to device
conflicts.  This info is of no use to you at the
moment, but others reading this may care.

Surprising that you say the LS-120 is loud.  My
8000 ED is by far the noisiest film scanner I've
owned.  Hard to imagine the LS-120 being louder.
Do you wear ear protection ? <g>.

Re:  Photoshop Books:

* Photoshop Artistry, by Haynes and Crumpler.
* Real World Photoshop (5 or 6) by Blatner and Fraser
* Professional Photoshop by Dan Margulis

rafe b.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.