Re: filmscanners: Nikon LS IV/Nikoscan 3.0

I have to, and will, agree with Art on this one--even though it's fun to
argue with him, occasionally. ;-)

The main point is that regardless of how *monolithic* sofware companies
believe themselves to be (Microsoft and Adobe come to mind), and how
*infallable* some engineers occasionally consider themselves to be (no
present company included or excluded), the fact remains that it's you and I
who are "down here in the trenches," working with these machines and this
software. I'm happy to say that at least a few members on this list are one
or both of the above, and *do* pay attention. But the vast majority are more
concerned with their blocks of code and their stock-sharing contracts than
they are with the users.

Does anyone have any doubts about *why* the tech markets have dropped so
significantly in the last year? I've bitched about this since I got my first
computer--"OK, I've learned how to use it--now when are you guys gonna make
it *useable* for me?" Computing's come a long way since I first started
bitching, but it ain't there yet. :-(

I remain an Equal Oportunity Cynic, like Art. I should probably make more
noise when I see a good program (like Vuescan), or good hardware (like
Dell). But as far as I see it, we users are largely oversupplied, oversold,
and underserved by the industry. The Industry *does* in fact need a good,
swift, kick in the butt. :-)

Best regards from the Rust Belt--LRA