Re: filmscanners: Silverfast with ICE feature as well???

> I read on this list a rumor that Silverfast should come out with an
>> ICE dust and scratch removal version soon; is it true? Of course this
>> feature  will still work ONLY on the Nikon serie that is using the IR
>> channel, correct?

SilverFast for Nikon scanners has always supported ICE when the hardware was
compatible. I think you might be getting confused with the other components
of ICE Cubed, namely ROC and GEM.

As for providing an alternative to the ICE dust and scratch removal filter
that is compatible with non Nikon scanners, hmm, when you have the will;
you'll find a way ;-)

> Or maybe an HDR version could somehow work as well
>> on any type of scanners???

Why just HDR?

Ian Lyons
http://www.computer-darkroom.com