RE: filmscanners: Minolta DiMAGE Scan & Dimage 7 camera

At 07:43 AM 6/30/01 -0600, Frank Nichols wrote:

>I wonder if it would be posisble to create a "randomized" pattern of sensors
>on a CCD/CMOS chip?

This flies in the face of all known sampling theory!

I suspect that the optical system in most scanners provides
more than enough filtering to limit or eliminate aliasing.
The optical equivalent of lowpass filtering would be a
diffuser.  I'm not aware that any scanner manufacturer
uses an optical diffuser in front of the CCD!

I also don't really believe in film-grain aliasing --
film grain is essentially non-periodic, or, more
accurately "white noise" -- ie, containing
an even distribution of frequency elements from
DC to infinity.

rafe b.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.