Re: filmscanners: 8000 ED Banding... What nikon said.

On Fri, 29 Jun 2001 09:04:32 -0400  Lawrence Smith (lsmith@lwsphoto.com)
wrote:

> I sent a slide and a high res scan to Nikon to help debug my 8000's
> banding
> issues.  They did a test scan there and were unable to reproduce the
> issue.
> They believe that there were some (how many?) units that shipped with
> bad
> CCD's.

Did they send you their test scan with no banding? It's just that I'd be
slightly cautious about Nikon diagnosis since they seem to have been
completely unable to see the infamous LS30 jaggies, except as a hardware
fault which required bits of wire changing.

Regards

Tony Sleep
http://www.halftone.co.uk - Online portfolio & exhibit; + film scanner
info & comparisons