RE: filmscanners: Setting screen gamma problem

>Not to be funny; but how sure are you fo the acccurracy of your step wedge?
>Most commercial step wedges are created using precision measurement
>instruments and printed to precisely measurable standards.  Is it possible
>that you personnally created step wedge may be out of gamut at the dark end
>with respect to your monitor?  Is it possible that your web sit files might
>be tagged with profiles that have small or inapproriate working color spaces
>so that those receiving the image get images that their systems correct to
>the embedded profile?

My step wedge is nothing more than done by numbers - in hex the brightness
values set in PS are
0, 10, 20,30,40,50,60,70,80,90,A0,B0,C0,D0,E0,F0,FF.  I am not totally
convinced that each step should look the same difference or not on a
properly adjusted screen - which was my original question, and I still
don't know!  I think it *should*, even though I can't get this on my screen
without making extreme adjustments and silly figures for gamma.

I think I have been tagging my images with profiles, although it would only
have been with sRGB unless I have made a monumental error.

Julian

Julian Robinson
in usually sunny, smog free Canberra, Australia

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.