Re: filmscanners: why not digital minilabs?

Steve wrote:

>The only thing you have to watch with the digital printing labs is that
>they show perfectly things like grain and posturisation. My Epson hides all
>but the worst cases due to the way it lays down the ink.

*There's* one very good reason for retaining total control--the lab will do
the better print for the same price as the bad one, but you pay for both of
them.  In your decision, you have to estimate how many of those you're going
to have. Good luck. ;-)

Having been through this more than several times in a commercial
environment, the Total Control approach is more appealing, apart from the
initial cost and the learning curve.

Best regards--LRA