Re: filmscanners: Vuescan Settings

Rafe wrote:

>I'm sure even Vuescan has a a way to set
both of these -- if not, I'd trash it.

It definitely does. Going "up" is not necessesarily the best direction. The
gamma is settable to a remarkable degree, but not necessarily predictable.
White-point and Black-point are not exactly "intuitive," either. This means
doing a lot of experiments as you learn the program.

If someone were to write down the results and publish them, I'm sure it
would be useful to Vuescan users, at least for a week or two--Ed is so busy
updating (Good Lord, what a fertile mind this guy must have!) that nobody
can keep up! :-) I memorized v5.9, but by the time I got to v6.7 I was
totally burned out, and had no memory left--in case anybody was wondering
what's wrong with me, it's all Ed's fault! ;-)

It's a *good* program, but it's not an *easy* program. :-)

Best regards--LRA