Re: filmscanners: Minolta DiMAGE Scan & Dimage 7 camera

On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Rob Geraghty wrote:

> "rafeb" <rafeb@channel1.com> wrote:
> > Oh, indeed.  I think digital cameras are closing fast
> > on 35 mm format.  In another year or two there really
> > won't be any reason left to shoot 35 mm film.
>
> Only if the prices also come down.  I can't see the point in buying a 3Mpix
> digicam when I can buy a good 35mm SLR for half the price.  The digicams at
> 35mm type resolution are going to be expensive for a while yet...

Not to rehash a topic that's been debated
many times before, but...

There *is* the cost (and hassle) of film and
processing in the equation, and other "analog"
issues with film and film scanners that I
wouldn't mind being rid of.

For some folks (not me, yet, I guess) 3 Mpix
appears to be quite enough.

I mean, the choice is tough even when there's
money on hand.  I thought long and hard before
buying my Nikon scanner; the alterative was
a Canon D30 or Fuji S1, and starting to put
away film forever.

rafe b.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.