Re: filmscanners: exposing C41 for scanning ( was gibberish header)

Tony wrote:
> Generally, if you are seeing green-blue speckle in shadows from colour neg
> (look like CCD noise, but can't be - CCD noise in negs afflicts
> highlights, the densest part of the film, and manifests as yellow/magenta
> speckle), giving a little more neg exposure will reduce this dramatically,
> as the overlapping dye clouds don't alias as badly.

I'll have to give it a try.

> Incidentally Rob, could you take a look under the hood of your mail
> client. It appears to be your replies which are introducing the 'enhanced'
> subject lines to list threads. I don't know why exactly, something MIME
> related - see the last line below, the listserver is converting your msgs
> to plain text.

I'm using Outlook Express 5.0.  The text is set to plain text and the
formatting to MIME with "none" as the text encoding.  I don't think
there's anything else I can do.  I have to say that it's only on your
replies to me that I've seen anything go awry, so it seems to be
a problem with the way your email client behaves with my emails,
that doesn't seem to affect anyone else? :-7

Rob

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.