RE: filmscanners: Nikon 8000: An Unbiased Review

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, Lawrence Smith wrote:

> Rafe,
>
> What are your other settings for the 5 minute scans?  I find that a 16x
> multisample, 14bit, ICE normal scan of a 645 transpanency takes about 20-25
> mintues....

Well, for starters, I'm not using multi-sampling,
and I'm only using 24 bit (vs. 42 bit) color.

Do you see a real benefit to multi-sampling?

I haven't played with the 14-bit color yet.  Not
sure if there's any major benefit, and of course
the downside is 2x the size of these already
huge image files.

(The other issue here is that I still prefer to
work in Photoshop 4, where the support is very
limited for 48-bit color.)

rafe b.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.