Apache-Talk @lexa.ru

Inet-Admins @info.east.ru

Filmscanners @halftone.co.uk

Security-alerts @yandex-team.ru

nginx-ru @sysoev.ru

      :: Filmscanners

Re: filmscanners: LED Illumination for Film Scanners

on 6/21/01 5:03 PM, Austin Franklin at darkroom@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> No, not for a scanner, for an enlarger!  I don't know whether they are a
> good or bad idea for a scanner, but I do know that for B&W, I would rather
> be using a ND filter, or something with that wavelength.

???

an ND filter doesn't filter by wavelength, it simply reduces intensity.

Of all wavelengths to (ideally) the same degree.

So whatever the spectrum of the source is, the ND filter leaves it reduced
in amplitude but unchanged in frequency.

red light stays red etc

--
John Brownlow

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com