RE: filmscanners: what defines this quality?

> I seem to remember watching American Football for the first time in the UK
> some time back and thinking how fantastic the image quality was. I then
> found out that its shot on film. Is this still the case?

It's funny, that.  The games themselves are shot on videotape, but the shows
that highlight the games are shot on high quality film.  It's so much better
to watch those highlights than it is the games!

> I've given up comparing prints to the slides, I just haven't got enough
> money to resolve it ;-( Don¹t get me wrong, I get excellent
> results from my Canon FS2710
> (http://homepage.eircom.net/~ricwalsh/index.htm) and
> Epsom 870,
> but comparing them up against chromes is disheartening...so I don¹t do it
> anymore and I'm happy.

Nice photos, Richard.  I'd say you're doing well.  It wouldn't surprise me
one bit to discover I'm aiming too high in trying to capture that elusive
look of movie film or chromes.  I've heard that lightjet prints come
closest.  I guess my goal is to come closest to lightjets, then, as I simply
can't afford to have all my work done that way (and certainly can't afford a
lightjet printer!).

Dan

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.