Re: filmscanners: Time to upgrade: Opinions wanted

Just hang around a while and you'll get plenty of this feedback.

However, happiness is a difficult emotion for film scanner users.

The desires and expectations, as the person becomes more educated, is
difficult to maintain.

There are quite a few scanner owners on this list who have scanners
between $600 and $1500, and in fact, I'd guess the vast majority fit
there, because the vast majority of consumer CCD films scanners are in
that price range now.

This forum is usually filled with people discussing the Acer 2710 and
2740, the Minolta Dual Dimage and II Elite, Canon FS 2710 and the new
4000 dpi model, the Nikon LS20, 2000, IV, the Polaroid SS4400...
Everyone of these items costs less than $1500 US.

In regard to the complaints that get voiced, the software and hardware
end of this biz are still maturing, and like most 35mm photogs, they
wish they could afford a "blad".  But unlike "blads" the technology is
getting better and cheaper all the time.

Art

Peter wrote:

> I think there is only one happy scanner owner, Ed, in this forum. He is not
> using it mainly for slides though. The rest of people probably own drum
> scanners or do not own scanners at all.
>
> I would expect more input from people owning scanners in $600-$1500 price
> range.
>
> It is unfortunate.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.