Re: filmscanners: Scanner resolution (was: BWP seeks scanner)

At 11:41 PM 6/19/01 +0100, Richard wrote:

>Open the Leafscan image in PS and see if you can get approximately close to
>the Nikon scan. I couldn't

Boy, I must be missing something here.

You're on the wrong track.  You can't fix the Leaf
image; it's already had its shadow tones compressed
into oblivion.

Open the *Nikon* image.  Go to Image->Adjust->Levels
and move the black slider up to about 10 or 12.  Note
how the "haze" disappears.  Move the slider to 15
and the image looks even better -- except for the
shadows, which disappear in blackness.

>I've been thinking about the Nikon 4000ED too, so it was interesting for me
>to see the comparison.

It's a bogus comparison.  It proves nothing about
the relative merits of either scanner.

rafe b.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.