Re: filmscanners: Scanner resolution (was: BWP seeks scanner)

> > The
> > Nikon scan has a lot more shadow detail.
>
> And you can tell that from a 72DPI web photo?

Yes. Isn't it obvious?

> I can't imagine that anyone can accurately judge tonality and scan quality
> from 72PPI JPEG web image displayed on a who knows what monitor!

I don't think anyone is trying to make super critical judgements here. To me
the scans need to be better matched before attempting to draw any
conclusions about scanner quality.

My best guess would be that the lack of shadow detail in the Leafscan was
due to an out-of-level scanner. I hear that's a common problem (table sag)
with 85 pound scanners.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.