Re: filmscanners: Digital vs Conventional Chemical Darkroom

>Excellent output can be
>obtained via either procedure. Personally, the only "difference" that seems
>still unresolved (to me, at least) is that of print permanence. And as long as
>great looking results can be obtained from either method, I would choose the
>one with greatest longevity.

That's somewhat direct answer to my question: Digital output could be great
looking, as conventional's could be great looking. Is print from Fujix
Pictrography 4000 considered  great longevity? It uses special Fuji
photographic paper, and new paper - EverRich!

>There are hybrid solutions as well.  Eg, output via
>Lightjet or Lambda (onto archival print media, using
>wet chemistry) to get around the print longevity issue.

Is Fujix Pictrography 4000 considered  a hybrid? It uses photographic paper,
the chemistry (on donor paper)  is wet processed to the paper. I think the
Pictro print quality surpasses Lightjet & Lambda, only the output size is
smaller limited, correct?

My concern, within 13x19" output size, in order: Print quality --- Print speed
--- Per page cost --- Print longevity --- Printer price.

>> I would defer to Tony.

Then I will certainly.

>> This list is a far better place to learn the information than the magazines,
>> I've found. We're doing it, and they're only writing about it. ;-)

INDEED!

Thanx for all the replying,
JM Shen

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.