Re: filmscanners: Is my Polaroid SprintScan 4000 faulty?

Robert,

> I wonder if you would mind taking a look at the
> images I've posted on this web page...
>
> <http://users.bigpond.com/robert.groom/ss4000/>
>
> and then letting me know whether your conclusion
> is the same as mine.

A rather obvious question but have you tried scanning the same slides in
different
orientations?  I thought I had similar problems with some colour fringing with
my
Minolta Elite but the direction with the fringing remained the same whatever
the
orientation of the slide.  I tried back to front, upside down and even sideways
(which
meant not all the slide was scannable) and the offending parts of the image
always
looked identical.  As far as I can see, the effects of optical abberations in
the scanners
lens, CCD bleeding etc would change with the orientation of the media.

Looking at the slide on a lightbox with a x20 hand lens I could detect the
fringing on
the original which I hadn't noticed until I'd scanned it.  If this caught me
out with a 2820
dpi scanner, I guess the 4000dpi of the Sprintscan would make it even more
noticable.

Al Bond

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.