Re: filmscanners: Digital vs Conventional Chemical Darkroom

I may be jumping into water over my head here, but I don't understand the
issue. What "differences" are we talking about here? Excellent output can be
obtained via either procedure. Personally, the only "difference" that seems
still unresolved (to me, at least) is that of print permanence. And as long as
great looking results can be obtained from either method, I would choose the
one with greatest longevity. Is there a consensus among experts?
(I have been to Wilhelm's site - http://www.wilhelm-research.com/index.htm -
but he seems to limit his studies to digital.)
Thank,
John J.