filmscanners: Digital vs Conventional Chemical Darkroom

Sorry I'm not familiar with conventional chemical darkroom and planning to go
directly digital darkroom, with Nikon LS-8000ED, also I'm learning photography
with few experience. So if my question sounds stupid, just laugh.

Simply, will Digital output surpass the Conventional Chemical Darkroom's?

Specifically:
Film: Kodak Gold 100 or equiv (the bad film is chosen for comparing)
Scanner: LS-8000ED
Output: 13x19"
Printer A: Epson 2000P best mode
Printer B: Fujix Pictrography 4000 best mode
Condition: Digital GEM on/off

Q1: Printer A w/GEM off, Digital output will ___ the Conventioanl's ?
A1: surpass / equal / worse than

Q2: Printer A w/GEM on, Digital output will ___ the Conventioanl's ?
A2: surpass / equal / worse than

Q3: Printer B w/GEM off, Digital output will ___ the Conventioanl's ?
A3: surpass / equal / worse than

Q4: Printer B w/GEM on, Digital output will ___ the Conventioanl's ?
A4: surpass / equal / worse than

A1:
A2:
A3:
A4:

Thanx,
JM Shen

> moreover, what you'll get from a film-scanner is *not* what you'd
> get in a conventional chemical darkroom--the two media are uniquely
> individual. OTOH, the Digital Darkroom offers its own set of "manipulations"
> for creativity and presentation.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.