Re: filmscanners: VueScan 7.1 Available

In a message dated 6/15/2001 2:01:59 PM EST, danh@selectsa.com writes:

> Will this version work safely with the Polaroid SS 120--or is that
>  restriction still in place?

I'm pretty sure it won't hang up the SS 120, since I've disabled the
calibration that was causing the problem.

However, I've gotten a report that the previous problem didn't
really damage the SS 120.  The person who had the problem sent
it Fedex to Polaroid, but it worked fine when it arrived at Polaroid.

I'm guessing that the previous version of VueScan jammed the
scan head past it's normal range when it tried to calibrate the
scanner, and a bit of jostling that happened when it was shipped
to Polaroid unjammed the scan head.

Regards,
Ed Hamrick

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.