Re: filmscanners: Hazy bleed in hi contrast blacks on LS2000

At 1:40 pm +0300 12/6/01, Harry Lehto wrote:
>The black backgound
>close to a bright spot is very unforgiving for such things. If your halos
>move to the "outer" side of your bright image then I believe that it is
>a reflection or a comalike distortion. If they stay only as "halos"
>centered on your bright spot even right at the edge of your field then
>I suspect some internal reflections in the optical elements closest to the
>CCD.

The effect I see isn't any sort of reflected or ghost image, more a
light fogginess bleeding from the light area into the dark. The
transparency that shows it best is a black trouser leg against a
white car. There are no really bright small areas - the LS2000
handles these fairly well. Like with cameras, the worst effect is
from large bright areas not small very bright ones.

David Hoffman
--
   David Hoffman Photo Library
  <http://www.hoffmanphotos.com>

  phone +44 (0)20 8981 5041 fax  +44 (0)20 8980 2041

David Hoffman will be away from 16 June 2001 until 1 July 2001.
Photographs are available via Image.Net (http://www.imagenet.co.uk)
where you should first go to register. For further information please
send me a blank email with subject "help imagenet" and you will
receive a detailed description of the service within two to four
hours. For urgent requirements please phone my mobile on 07881 817
751.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.