Re: filmscanners: New Nikon performance

I have also used LS2000 with many Kodachromes and have had GREAT success
with them.  My problem was mould and some quite awful slides have been
rescued with minimal work.  I tried one of them before getting the Nikon
and spent 3 hours (it was a very bad attack of mould) fixing it in PS.  The
Nikon scan, with a couple of minutes of work, was far superior.

But I realise that maybe it depends on which version of Kodachrome you
have. Maybe I won't be so successful when I get to the '80's.

Julian

At 04:12 09/06/01, Dave wrote:
>But I have a
>lot of Kodachromes I'm waiting to scan and I'd like to get an idea if
>the new Nikons are going to sneak in some problems here or not.  Dane
>reports no problems at all with thousands of Kodachromes scanned on an
>LS-2000, and I wonder what I'm doing wrong.

Julian Robinson
in usually sunny, smog free Canberra, Australia

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.